Litigation for Employers and Employees
The Ticktin Law Group represents both employers and employees in Employment Law matters. Our firm assists employers for their employment needs, and at the same time, we represent employees of other businesses. We are very selective and will do so only if their cases are well founded. If you have been truly treated unfairly at work, our attorneys are ready to help.
Employers who permit a hostile work environment or who cheat their employees of their rightful pay deserve the reckoning that will be imposed by the courts. Similarly, employees who file frivolous lawsuits against innocent employers and their lawyers deserve to be punished in their own right. In this regard, each case has to be evaluated and a strategy must be developed at the earliest time to assure the best result.
At The Ticktin Law Group, we have attorneys ready to assist you with your Employment Law needs across the state of Florida. Whether you are an employer that needs an employee handbook, advice on an employment situation, or an employee that believes you have been mistreated at work, we are the lawyers you want to bring peace of mind.
Helping Victimized Employees
As an employee, you have rights that cannot be violated. Although there is no claim for wrongful termination of employment in Florida, an employer may not terminate you because of your race, age, or any other status protected by law. We have experienced attorneys assist you with the following areas within Employment Law:
- Discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or any other protected status
- Sexual harassment Harassment based on race, age, religion, or other protected status
- Unpaid wages and/or overtime
- Wrongful Termination of Employment
- Family and Medical Leave Act violation
- Breach of employment contract
If you have experienced any of the following mistreatment at work, contact an experienced attorney from The Ticktin Law Group. We will work on your behalf to hold your employer accountable for their actions.
On the Side of Honest Employers
The companies we represent are guided by our attorneys in preparing the right Employee Handbooks and by frequent consultation as other situations arise. The employers who we represent find the idea of discrimination in their work environment to be repulsive, and we prefer to keep them out of the courts, where pragmatic considerations permit.
- Draft or review employee handbooks and employment policies
- Draft or review employment agreements
- Defend against EEOC Complaints
- Provide legal advice on employment related matters
- Draft employee or supervisor training in employment related topics such as discrimination or harassment
- Assist with I-9 Form compliance
- Representation at unemployment hearings
- Litigation of employment related matters
Unfortunately, unscrupulous employees, former staff members, customers, business associates, and others attempt to take an unfair advantage against honest businesses. These companies are simply doing their best to serve their customers, and somehow find themselves targets by law firms which, as scavengers, have no problem in filing frivolous lawsuits against innocent businesses.
This is why we will not represent an employee unless that employee’s case is righteous. Too often there are bad actors looking for a settlement, knowing the prohibitive amount it costs to defend.
Our attorneys are ready to defend you in a lawsuit involving a current or former employee. Whether you are a small or a large employer, the attorneys at The Ticktin Law Group are the attorneys you want on your side.
Employment Law Resources from our Legal Blog
- Employee Laws in Florida
- Questions Employers Must Avoid Asking During the Hiring Process
- The National Labor Relations Act: Employee Rights and Labor Union Responsibilities
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor? Differences and Tax Consequences
- Discrimination and Fair Wages: Common Employment Law Issues
Schedule a free consultation
Contact the experienced attorneys of The Ticktin Law Group today and
discover how we can help your legal problems.