At The Ticktin Law Group, our attorneys are ready to help you if you have been truly treated unfairly at work. We have experienced attorneys ready to help you with the following:
- Discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or any other protected status
- Sexual harassment
- Harassment based on race, age, religion, or other protected status
- Unpaid wages and/or overtime
- Wrongful Termination of Employment
- Although there is no claim for wrongful termination of employment in Florida, an employer may not terminate you because of your race, age, or any other status protected by law.
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Breach of employment contract
The attorneys of The Ticktin Law Group represent a good number of employers for their employment needs. At the same time, we represent employees of other businesses, but we are very selective and will do so only if their cases are well founded.
The companies we represent are guided by our attorneys in preparing the right Employee Handbooks and by frequent consultation as other situations arise. For the most part, the employers who we represent find the idea of discrimination in their work environment to be repulsive, and we prefer to keep them out of the courts, where pragmatic considerations permit.
Unfortunately, there are some law firms which, as scavengers, have no problem in filing frivolous lawsuits against innocent businesses which are simply doing their best to serve their customers, and who find themselves as targets for unscrupulous employees, former employees, customers, business associates, and others who attempt to take an unfair advantage against the employers, looking for a settlement, knowing the prohibitive amount it cost to defend, and the unaffordable distraction it is to file a lawsuit for discrimination of a protected class or other claims, such as for unpaid overtime.
This is why we will not represent an employee unless that employee’s case is righteous. Employers who permit a hostile work environment or who cheat their employees of their rightful pay deserve the reckoning that will be imposed by the courts, while employees who file frivolous lawsuits against innocent employers and their lawyers, deserve to be punished in their own right. In this regard, each case has to be evaluated and a strategy must be developed at the earliest time to assure the best result.
At The Ticktin Law Group, we have attorneys ready to help. Whether you are an employer that needs an employee handbook or advice on an employment situation or an employee that believes you have been mistreated at work, we are the lawyers you want to bring peace of mind.
Our experienced attorneys can help you with all of your employment needs.
We can assist both small and large employers.
- Draft or review employee handbooks and employment policies
- Draft or review employment agreements
- Defend against EEOC Complaints
- Provide legal advice on employment related matters
- Draft employee or supervisor training in employment related topics such as discrimination or harassment
- Assist with I-9 Form compliance
- Representation at unemployment hearings
- Litigation of employment related matters
- Our attorneys are ready to defend you in a lawsuit involving a current or former employee
Whether you are a small or a large employer, the attorneys at The Ticktin Law Group are the attorneys you want on your side.