What Can Your Foreclosure Defense Lawyer Do For You?

July 1, 2019

If you are looking to hire a lawyer to help you avoid foreclosure, you may wonder how to proceed. At The Ticktin Law Group, we know exactly what to do to help you in this time of need.

What Can My Lawyer Do to Defend Me from Foreclosure?

1) File An NOA

When you hire a foreclosure defense lawyer from The Ticktin Law Group, he or she will file a notice of appearance (NOA) both your bank and the court. This is to let all parties know that they represent you.

2) Answer Summons

Because of the fact that Florida happens to be one of the judicial foreclosure states, your bank files a lawsuit. You are then served a summons and a complaint. When this situation happens, you are the defendant and the lender is the plaintiff. Your attorney will then answer the summons and complaint to begin defending you from foreclosure.

3) Using Foreclosure Defense Strategies

Next, your attorney will begin to use foreclosure defense strategies during the time when your permanent solution is being pursued. There are many foreclosure defense strategies that a knowledgeable attorney from The Ticktin Law Group can use - depending on the circumstances of your case.

4) Assist In Getting a Loan Modification

When you are trying to save your home, you most likely want to look in to a loan modification. It costs nothing to modify a loan and there are no closing costs - like with a refinance.

5) Bring Good Judgment

An attorney from The Ticktin Law Group will provide you with good judgment. Based on our firm’s experience with these cases, our attorneys can advise you on the best course of action to take.

The Ticktin Law Group Can Help You

The Ticktin Law Group is here to help you if you need a foreclosure defense attorney. Just contact us for a free consultation. Getting in touch with us is free and easy. During your free consultation, an experienced attorney will go over the particulars of your case and determine whether you have a claim. To get started, schedule your free consultation by calling (561) 232-2222 or by completing our contact form here.