Today’s the day we honor and celebrate the sacrifice and bravery of all our veterans. Veterans Day was originally a U.S. holiday that honored the end of World War I – on November 11, 1918.
The Ticktin Law Group Honors Veterans
At The Ticktin Law Group, we honor our veterans every day, and we have put together a few interesting facts about Veterans Day – in honor of these heroes.
- Veteran’s Day was first celebrated on November 11, 1919 – the first anniversary of the end of World War I.
- 35% percent of living veterans served in the Vietnam War.
- Other countries like Britain, France, Australia, and Canada, also honor World War I and II veterans this week.
- The U.S. government declared the proper spelling does not use an apostrophe.
- 8 million veterans are currently living the United States.
- California has the most vets in the United States – about 2 million. Florida and Texas come in second, with about 1.6 million.
These facts are according to the Census Bureau.Veterans Day is always observed on November 11, regardless of what day of the week it is.
Our lawyers and staff sincerely thank the brave men and women who have served our country and wishes them a Happy Veterans Day.
The Ticktin Law Group Can Help
The Ticktin Law Group will help and guide you through your personal injury lawsuits. We will work with you to help you through each step of your personal injury process. If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, call us for a free consultation. To learn more about our legal services, call (561) 232-2222 or complete our contact form here.